A smile expresses more than a million words can, it can be comforting and consoling. It is a major part of the first impression that you leave on those you meet. When you shy away from smiling because you are self conscious, you give people reasons to not approach you.
But you don’t have to shy away anymore. You can rid yourself of the self consciousness and hesitation of smiling by a treatment known as smile designing. Continue reading if you think this could be your solution.
What is smile designing?
A dental procedure that corrects and creates natural looking smiles, artistically. Regardless of the state of your existing teeth, smile designs can work miracles to restore the appearance you are dissatisfied with, or that is damaged due to age or accident.
What all can a smile design correct?
Modern cosmetic dentistry can be used to correct the conditions mentioned below that keep you from smiling freely,
- Crooked teeth: The set of teeth in your mouth are meant to appear straight and aligned together evenly. But that is not the case for everyone. Majority of people have uneven teeth, some like it that way but for some it is a cause of embarrassment. Teeth may be seen twisting, overlapping and crowding which is commonly called as having ‘crooked teeth’. The lower front teeth are the affected ones mostly and can be straightened with invisible braces or conventional braces. Porcelain veneers can be used for a quicker solution as well.
You might be interested in this : Types of Dental Braces
- Chipped, broken teeth: Chipped or broken teeth can be repaired by smile designing depending on the extent of damage, the best options include bonding, porcelain veneers or porcelain crowns.
- Missing teeth: Loss of teeth is the result of poor oral hygiene. A gap in the arch is what you end up with. The consequences of missing teeth can be permanent. However, a smile makeover can replace the existing gaps between teeth through dental implants, a dental bridge or a denture.
- Gummy smile: Smiles which show your gums to a great extent can be rectified with laser gum contouring. Staining of teeth can be treated with oral prophylaxis or professional teeth whitening.
What does the dentist do?
You meet with the doctor and the impression of your teeth is taken to make a set of study models. Prospect changes on the model are made and you meet the doctor again to evaluate the model and discuss the resulting changes to determine if the treatment works.
The dentist will perform a tooth re-contouring to even out your smile and create a more symmetrical look. Your old crowns may be replaced with new type full porcelain crowns with no metal underneath.
How long should it take?
- Smile transformations can take three weeks to several months depending on each individual. If your teeth and gums are healthy then it should take about three to four weeks.
- If you require a gum lift, then you will have to wait till the gums are healthy and healed. This could take about eight to ten weeks before work on the smile design begins.
- If you are getting an implant done then it would take somewhere around 6 months to allow the implants to get integrated in the bone and to allow healing of the gums.
How to care and maintain?
Cosmetic dental procedures demand regular, long-term oral care and dental check-ups within short intervals of around three to six months.
We, at GA dental, are more than happy to help you build a confident smile. We would be happy to walk you through this journey of transformation.
About the clinic:
GA Dental Clinics is a standout amongst the all the famous dental hospitals in Hyderabad, owing to the world class infrastructure it has, and the utility of leading edge technology at the clinic. Besides its unique infrastructure and highly qualified specialists, GA Dental clinic in Hyderabad believes in delivering services at par with global standards.