A missing tooth can never bring good news. So, if you have a missing tooth, or several missing teeth, you know where you can ‘find’ them. At a reputed dentist’s clinic, just like GA Dental!
Now, why would you be missing a tooth? The culprits could be bad dental hygiene, trauma or simply, age.
Thanks to advancements in medicine and modern dentistry, dental implants, also known as removable teeth or fixed teeth, will come to your rescue. However, they are not the same as tooth replacement.
One also needs to understand that once you lose a tooth, your facial structure might also change. Therefore, if you have a missing tooth, it’s best that you book an appointment with your dentist soon. Dental implants are a great solution. Here, you can choose from two options: permanent and removable dental implants.
There is a subtle difference between the two- Fixed dental implants are made out of zirconia, which is the next best alternative to natural teeth. Dental implants, which are made up of zirconia, feel like original teeth and can be brushed using a regular fluoride toothpaste. It is a more convenient option for people with poor tooth to opt for a permanent tooth, which is nothing but a fixed dental implant.
There are a number of factors, which bring in the difference between the dental implants which are permanent and dental implants which are temporary. They are:
- The number of broken teeth or the number of teeth that are missing contribute in the doctor deciding upon the type of dental implant that one needs. It is also of relevance to know about the cause for the missing teeth. If one has a only a few teeth which are missing; it becomes pointless to have a permanent dental implant.
- Different patients have different preferences; some are more comfortable with permanent dental implants and some prefer removable dentures.
- It is commonly prescribed by dentists that where one wishes to have permanent dental implants, they need to have a very strong base for teeth and and a very soft bone tissue. If one does not have a very strong base or their gums are not strong, dental implants are not suggested for them. Bone density plays a key role. Permanent dental implants need to be placed in a symmetric line.
- Maintenance of permanent dental implants are relatively more difficult as the teeth are false. However, it needs to be taken care of in an appropriate manner. Regular visits to the dentist is a must. There is a major differentiation with regard to the cost, in the permanent dental implants as compared to detachable teeth. The permanent teeth cost more as the teeth are acrylic in nature without a base. Whereas, the removable teeth are made up consisting of crowns or bridges using a combination of gold and porcelain. It is the difference in the material used that brings about a difference in price. It is therefore, very important to know about the suitability of the type of Dental implants that are used for the patients who are seeking to find a solution for the teeth.
Process to Fix Permanent Dental Implants :
- Several dental implants are fixed on the foundation or the base of one’s teeth.
- The next part of the process is to fix the dental implants, where the bridge is fixed in one place.
- The process is thus completed of fixing permanent dental implants.
Process to Fix Detachable Dental Implants:
Detachable dental implants are fixed using a clip on the area.
Teeth not only enhance the aesthetic value in a person, but they also are important for various other aspects, which include- digestion, pronunciation, etc. GA Dental is one of the pioneers of fixing dental implants, it is advised that one goes for a dental check up at the earliest to know about the future of their teeth.
About the Clinic:
GA Dental Clinics is a standout amongst the all the famous dental hospitals in Hyderabad, owing to the world class infrastructure it has, and the utility of leading edge technology at the clinic. Besides its unique infrastructure and highly qualified specialists, GA Dental clinic in Hyderabad believes in delivering services at par with global standards.
About Dr. Gowtham Kattamuri
Dr. Gowtham has done his BDS from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in 2006 and MDS – Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics from Dr. MGR Medical University in 2010. He is a skilled Endodontist with an experience of over 10 years. Dr. Gowtham is specialized in replacement of teeth, Root Canal, Braces, Dental Implants, prosthetics for maxillofacial defects such as artificial eye, ear, nose and orbital defects, Smile Makeovers with laminates, Zirconia, veneers metal free ceramics. He also performs general dental procedures such as restorations and extractions. He also is trained as an International Patient Coordinator.