Have you ever tried to hide your smile? Do all your photos have sealed lips?
Well then, I guess that you have crooked teeth.
Don’t shy away from finding a solution. With advanced dentistry, you can get your teeth efficiently aligned with little pain.
Let’s explore the options.
- Retainer: For mildly crooked teeth, retainers will be your best options.
- Braces: Ceramic, plastic or metal brackets are set in front of the teeth, and they are held together by wire. As the teeth get more and more in their position, the wire shifts and hence, it needs to be tightened by the dentist one in a month or so.
- Lingual Braces: They are much like regular braces, but they are set at the back of the teeth. It gives you a more aesthetically pleasing look.
- Invisalign: They are much like braces, except their lines are invisible. The best thing about Invisalign is that they can be removed and cleaned at home. So, for adults who feel uncomfortable is showing their braces, Invisalign may be your best option.
- Reduction: Reduction or interproximal reduction may be an option if a few of your teeth are bigger than the rest. In reduction, small portions of the teeth may be cut out to get teeth of the desired size.
- Porcelain veneers: If your concern is purely cosmetic, you may opt for porcelain veneers. The act as tooth covers. But they are only for a temporary solution and does not change the underlying problem.
- Jaw expander: Jaw expanders are used to correct an underbite. When the teeth of the lower jaw sets over the teeth of the upper jaw, a jaw expander may be used. The limitation to this option is that it can be done only before the permanent teeth sets in.
- Surgery: In a severe case, where jaw expander does not work, a surgery may be performed. Though it is not a widely practised option, it may be just the right one for the right patient.
Treating crooked teeth is not a difficult job anymore. But most of the time, it still is time-consuming. So, make sure that you chose the right place when you go for teeth straightening.
About Dr. Gowtham Kattamuri
Dr. Gowtham has done his BDS from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in 2006 and MDS – Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics from Dr. MGR Medical University in 2010. He is a skilled Endodontist with an experience of over 10 years. Dr. Gowtham is specialized in replacement of teeth, Dental Implants, prosthetics for maxillofacial defects such as artificial eye, ear, nose and orbital defects, Smile Makeovers with laminates, Zirconia, veneers metal free ceramics. He also performs general dental procedures such as restorations and extractions. He also is trained as an International Patient Coordinator.
ABOUT THE CLINIC:
GA Dental Clinics is a standout amongst the all the famous dental hospitals in Hyderabad, owing to the world class infrastructure it has, and the utility of leading edge technology at the clinic. Besides its unique infrastructure and highly qualified specialists, GA Dental believes in delivering services at par with global standards.